Monday, December 27, 2010

December Reflections - Part 1


Colossians 2:6-7

Spiritual Fullness in Christ

6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live your lives in him,
7 rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught,
and overflowing with thankfulness.


At times this month I felt like I was "missing it." I felt so overwhelmed with other things going on in life, that my mind was not always focused on that little baby born so long ago. That baby who came to this world to take away my anxiety, my hurt, my anger, my frustrations and my sin.
That beautiful baby.

During Advent this year I have been thinking about Heaven on Earth. Is the baby Jesus appealing to me? Is my life filled with the behaviors and attitudes of Christ? Am I living a heavenly life? Do I recognize my sin and live each day wanting to be cleansed? Am I receiving it? Am I living it?

I know it. I want it. I receive it. Is it always easy? No. Will I stray? Yes. But I know that ultimately my life on earth is a stepping stone to eternity with Him. I know that He has placed people and situations in my life for a purpose, all leading to recognize and remember that baby, born to set me free.


No comments:

Post a Comment