Wednesday, August 24, 2011

happy birthday . . . . again and again . . . .


My birthday is in March.

But how many people have friends who give them birthday gifts for 6 months? I do! Thought this was such a cute, incredibly thoughtful idea that I wanted to share it in case anyone else needed the idea (I believe originally stemming from my friend's super sister!).

For the past 6 months I have had gifts of delicious treats and beautiful flowers delivered to me by one of my favorite people. She is not a high maintenance friend, and we do not have a high maintenance friendship. She is grounded, real, matter of fact, compassionate, a great listener, and "gets" me. We can drink a glass of wine together, or we can play Wii Dance with our kids. She makes me smile and laugh, and she makes me cry. She tells me she is praying for me, often.

I continue to be so incredibly thankful for her and the influence she has had in my life (and for her delicious home-made chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches).

Looking forward to my next birthday present!

3 comments:

  1. she is a pretty incredible woman, that oldest sister of mine! if she has rubbed off on me even slightly, i am in good shape.

    ReplyDelete