It's finally official. After a few unexpected extra days of summer vacation thanks to hurricane Irene, the 2011-2012 school year has begun. Matt and I feel blessed to be able to send our kids to Eastern Christian because in our minds, our children are our most precious gift, and we know they will learn and have access to quality academics, but more importantly, they will become world changers and understand what it means to be God fearing women.
Jenny
Jenny is our big 1st grader. This is the first time for full day school for her, and she was not only exhausted but ravenous when she came home yesterday. She broke into tears at the dinner table because all she wanted to do was go to bed. Earlier in the day though, she got on the bus like no big deal, and came back to the middle school with barely a hello as she rushed in with Elizabeth, apparently in search of candy. She was all smiles and loves her teacher, Miss Gallagher.
Thank you to Elizabeth for being such a great friend and
for looking out for Jenny! She loves you!
Mommy's first day too . . . love, love, love these girls
Kirsten
Today Kirsten had her first day. Last night she was telling me how "nevous" (working on our r's) she was, and in the next sentence how she couldn't wait to go to sleep so she could go to school quicker. I was in a bit of denial as I dropped her off, because I felt a sense of wanting to freeze both my girls, just for a year or so. Mrs. Bushman got her out of the car like she did Jenny 2 years ago, and Kirsten marched into preschool to begin her big girl career. As I drove my empty car away, thinking about both my girls in school, I had a tear or two, but I think they were tears of thankfulness, thankful that I have been entrusted to be their mom.
notice the matching pink cons, very important . . .
when I got to the elementary school yesterday all the preschool kids were coming up to the kindergarten room and I saw Kirsten with her rain coat and backpack smiling and laughing...and I couldn't help but smile and laugh with her from a distance :)
ReplyDeleteSOOO stinking cute, those two are! You are right about them being a gift to us--you are a fabulous mom!
ReplyDeletejust texted you to see how the week was...and then I thought just maybe you wrote about it!! and surely you did!! So glad it was great for you and the girls!!
ReplyDeleteLove these girls! Hope that they are still enjoying their school year. Lovin the pink converses! Those girls are stylin! :) Give those sweet girls a big hug for me!!!
ReplyDelete