Friday, November 18, 2011

anxious

I am feeling anxious about a lot right now.
These verses helped me in my devotions this morning, maybe they will help you, too.

“But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, ‘You are my God!’ My future is in your hands.
Rescue me from those who hunt me down relentlessly.” Psalm 31:14-15

“But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” Matthew 6:33-34

“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” Philippians 4:7

“Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.”
1 Chronicles 16:34

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved these verses for tonight...with getting accepted comes a lot of anxiety with money, time, and other things of course :) Thanks for sharing these tonight <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
    Look full in His wonderful face,
    And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
    In the light of His glory and grace.

    I love to turn to the hymns for reassurance of God's presence in my life.

    ReplyDelete