I'm pretty sure May and June are busier than November and December.
But the promise of warm sunshine and days that are a little bit lazier are in our future.
This summer is going to look different than other summers as I will be spending more time on school and developing my brand new 6th grade LA/SS curriculum, but I trust that I will have plenty of time to spend with friends by the pool and enjoy some fairly non structured days.
One of the things I am most looking forward to, is not having to pack lunches! One thing I remember from my school days, are the surprise notes my mom would leave me in my lunch bag. I'm pretty sure I never told her how much those meant, but it is something I have been doing with my girls. Every day you say??? Heck, no! Once a week, but they will remind me if I forget a week! =)
I may not be the most crafty mom, the most creative mom, the mom most likely to win the mom who spends the most time with her kids award, but I am doing my best at being the best mom God has created me to be, along with all the other stuff he has created me to do =).

You are a great mom and I'm proud of you realizing that you are doing all that you can do even something as fun as a note in their lunches. I used to be better about this; you have motivated for me the fall (haha!) to be better about these little things that I can handle and mean a lot!
ReplyDeleteoh man! i am a total failure when it comes to this stuff!! i LOVE those little notes you made. so adorable and a wonderful reminder for your girls to know that they are super special :)
ReplyDeleteNot Crafty?? Not Creative?? NOT YOU!!! You are one of the most crafty and creative moms ever :)
ReplyDeletesooo cute!! I'm going to have to remember this for the future!!
ReplyDelete