I had big plans for today.
After a crazy busy week, my house was a disaster, laundry all over the place, the dust is unmentionable, I have to wear flip flops or slippers because my floors are gross, I can't remember the last time our sheets were washed, the bathroom needs to be cleaned, and then there is that schoolwork . . . .
Today was going to be a day to get all that done . . . to pack away the summer clothes, take down the fall/winter clothes, go to Jenny's last soccer game, leisurely food shop, bake some apple cakes . . .
But it didn't happen. At about 11am, the flakes began to fall, and here at 9pm, the flakes continue to fall! Today became a day to play. So the only things I hauled out of the attic were the next size up in snow boots, and whatever snow pants and jackets I could find that seemed to fit.
Cheers to my messy house, my dirty bathroom, my unfolded laundry . . . I played with my girls in this October snow storm.
Instead, today, I chose to play!
trick or treat =)
Man I wish I lived closer...I wanted to come play!!!
ReplyDeletegood choice! i always have flip flops or slippers on in my house, too -- and for the same reason. i have five loads of laundry piled up in my basement, our beds lack freshly laundered sheets reguarly, and dusting -- what in the world is that!!?? :)
ReplyDelete