In a few short days, my 11th year of teaching middle school will come to an end.
In a few short days, Jenny will be a first grader and Kirsten will be in pre-school.
In a few short days, SUMMER "VACATION" will begin.
June.
So many "ends" in June for teachers, students, moms, youth group leaders. . .
One of the "ends" is the culmination of another year of dance. Jenny has been doing dance since she was 3, and I'm not sure where she gets the gift, but she certainly is developing this gift of hers and is loving it. I used to cringe at the thought of dance recitals, probably because I was never a dancer. Matt can draw a crowd at a wedding, and my dad is known for his chicken dance, but I've got nada.
Last night was Jenny's recital. I got a tear in my eye seeing her so confident and so beautiful up on stage, a true princess. I'm wondering if this is something she will stick with, and although I always envisioned myself as a soccer mom, maybe I'll be a "dance mom" instead. Either or, I'm very proud to be this little girl's (and Kirsten's) mom!
Um...when did Jenny get so grown up? Before we know it we'll have 4 teenagers on our hands! I can hardly wait for summer vacation with you!
ReplyDeleteAunt Naomi Jenny is so cute in that outfit. Maybe should I get one for myself?
ReplyDelete