Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend Guests

Anyone who knows me, knows I am not a huge animal fan.

Sure, some are cute, some are cuddly, but some are just downright stinky, dirty and smelly.

Sometimes though, it's not about me!

Jenny's kindergarten class has been learning about chicks and their life cycle (that is up until the part of their life where they end up on my grill . . . ). They went to the farm, picked up some eggs, and brought them back to their classroom to watch them hatch.

Last week our parent memo asked for volunteers to house these chicks a night.

Feeling a little nudge inside my head, I volunteered and lucky us, we got them for an entire weekend!

Needless to say, I survived and the girls got a kick out of them.

It's all about the memories. Kindergarten only happens once.

Weekend living quarters.






1 comment:

  1. love these pictures!!! are you sure you don't want to raise chickens ;)

    ReplyDelete