BUT, I am at school, and need to write . . .
Jenny is a busy girl. If she is busy, that probably means I am busy, too.
I often catch myself thinking about that next "phase," and wonder if I am ready for the challenges that come with that. Currently I look at my best friend's life, and often wonder how she does it all . . . a full time teacher, mom and wife. Her girls are involved in like a gazillion sports, and she is so extremely dedicated and motivated to her life as a teacher that I often wonder how she does it. AND she has even added to her "mom plate," a "dating" child =) .
I can look at my brother and sister-in-law, and think about when I was 5 months pregnant with my first child. 1st grade was a LONG way off, why think about that? I do clearly remember those "baby days," and truly cannot imagine going back to those days, as they presented their own challenges . . . although the joys were very abundant as well!
So, back to Jenny and my reason for writing.
Jenny's teacher e-mailed me with the results of Jenny's spelling test . . . 50%.
Ugh.
This week we had a lengthy Bible memory verse, nightly math facts, our reading log, a slacking responsibility chart, a broken Valentine's Day teacher's present (an orchid that got stuck in the bus door!!) and spelling. Add in to that some dance, GEMS, and meetings and basketball games for Mommy, and we have got ourselves a full week.
I was pretty certain last night in the hour between dance and GEMS with a bowl full of mac and cheese, that she had these words down. We practiced and then I had her practice the words she had gotten wrong . . . and she was all good . . . or so I thought . . .
I'm pretty sure Jenny's 1st grade spelling test is not going to define her future as a student, but, it has caused enough angst in my heart today that even my phrase "it's all good" is not really cutting it!
So, today after school I will wipe the tears of frustration away, and next week we will study a bit longer!
It's funny you say you look at all the other people in your life because I look at your life and wonder how you do it all :)
ReplyDeleteDon't put me on a pedestal! I do the best I can and pray for lots of strength every day. You are doing all that you can right now with what God has placed before you.
ReplyDeleteI don't put you on a pedestal! You are just an inspiration to me. Be okay with that my dear friend!
ReplyDelete50% -- since i am no longer a hs teacher, 50% looks like half glass full to me!!! :)
ReplyDeleteUm hello....what is spell checker for?! Besides, I have always thought that bad spelling is a sign of intelligence....but then maybe that is because I cannot spell...and the thought makes me feel better about myself! :)
ReplyDeleteI am SO guilty of the comparison game though...know exactly what you mean. I look at my amazing friends and family and think...What in the world is wrong with me! Why can't be more beautiful like her or more organized like her...and just "be" her! :) I missed the day that God gave the manual on how to have a life that's perfect...oh wait....maybe I should just read my Bible more! :) Anyway, finally getting a little energy and doing something I just haven't felt up to recently...who knows maybe I'll even update my blog one of these days! :) Hope that things are going better up there...Love you girl!